It was one of those days. You know the one. The one where you have no idea what to cook for dinner or even have a craving for anything in particular. Then, my perfect wife said she wanted soup. Soup and grilled cheese. The tomato bisque! So easy, so beautiful and a long time favorite in my house and in my city (I got the recipe from the owner and cook at everyone’s favorite brunch spot, Spot of Tea! Thanks Tony!).
Don’t be put off by the ingredient list. Yes, it’s canned sauce but it gets transformed into heavenly bisqueness. Uh huh, I just made that word up. Doesn’t matter…just DO IT!
- 2 – 28 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or to your liking
- chives & paprika for garnish (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pot, adding the cream last. When you add the cream, you’re looking for a nice orangey color – kinda like pumpkin.
- Heat until super duper hot. You don’t need to boil, simmer, let combine. Nothing. Just heat it.
- Garnish with chives and paprika if using.
**NOTE: This goes perfect with grilled cheese. Use mayo on the outside of your bread instead of butter when making it. It yields a light airy crispness that butter cannot compete with!